Christmas is just around the corner, and as I write this, in the UK we are still allowed to meet up with families for 5 days over the festive period, but that could all change before this post goes live. So, to keep you and your family entertained either when you meet up with them again, or via a Zoom call when we get locked down again, here is the final quiz of this Christmas…
1. Which animal carried Mary before she gave birth to Jesus?
2. When do the 12 Days of Christmas start?
3. Which ocean can Christmas Island be found in?
4. Who was crowned King of England on Christmas Day in 1066?
5. What is the biggest-selling Christmas single of all time?
6. The 2012 follow-up to The Snowman is called The Snowman and what?
7. Which fruit is traditionally put inside a Christmas stocking?
8. What’s the largest gathering of people dressed as Santa Claus?
9. Which famous US singer helped fund the Moderna vaccine with a $1 million donation?
10. A number of household names have killed off printing catalogues this year. Which of these will still print a catalogue in 2021?
11. In Will Ferrell’s Elf, what’s the first rule in the Code of The Elves?
12. What year was Clement C Moore’s poem ‘The Night Before Christmas’ first published?
13. One of Santa’s reindeer shares a name with a famous symbol of Valentine’s Day. Which reindeer is that?
14. What animated 2004 film is about a train that carries kids to the North Pole on Christmas Eve?
15. In the early 1800s, the first gingerbread houses were reportedly inspired by what famous fairy tale?
16. In “The Muppet Christmas Carol,” who played Scrooge?
17. What holiday movie sequel includes a cameo by Donald Trump?
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer (point for each)
19. Westward leading, still proceeding, guide us to thy perfect light – name the carol this is from.
20. Which classic was remade in 1994, starring Richard Attenborough?
21. What was Frosty the Snowman’s nose made out of?
22. Which country was first to use the tradition of Christmas trees?
23. What Christmas decoration is made from a parasitic plant?
24. Which band had three consecutive Christmas number ones in the 1990s?
25. Who served up figgy pudding in Dickens’ A Christmas Carol?
2. Christmas Day
3. Indian Ocean
4. William the Conqueror (William I)
5. White Christmas, Bing Crosby
6. The Snowdog
7. Orange or Tangerine
9. Dolly Parton
11. Treat every day like Christmas
14. The Polar Express
15. Hansel and Gretel
16. Michael Caine
17. Home Alone 2
18. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph
19. We Three Kings
20. Miracle on 34th Street
21. A button
24. Spice Girls
25. Mrs. Cratchit
Have a great Christmas!
My Question to you:
No cheating. How did you do?