Good advice I wish I’d read months ago. I’m going to print this out and pin it over my computer…
1. People who criticize my work just to put me down aren’t worth paying attention to.
2. And just because I receive constructive, negative feedback doesn’t mean I did a bad job.
3. There are always going to be people better and more successful than me. I still matter.
4. If I want other people to be happy for me, I really need to try to be happy for them when they succeed.
5. I want to be a writer. No one is making me do it. This is my dream and I’m not giving up on it.
6. Every writer writes terrible first drafts. What matters most is that I finish it.
7. Everyone doubts themselves. This is normal. There is nothing wrong with my brain.
8. The more I push back against my self-doubt, the easier it will be to get up next time it knocks me down.
View original post 117 more words