Great article on the complexities of Amazon. Worrying for new authors.
My reviewer friend, C, aka the happy meerkat, recently notified me of some further tweaks in Amazon’s review policy. Most of them make perfect sense, yet a couple raise concerns. The new rules can be read here in their entirety but here are the new points:
- If your review is removed or rejected because it does not comply with our guidelines concerning promotional content, you may not resubmit a review on the same product, even if the resubmitted review includes different content.
- Reviews may only include URLs or links to other products sold on Amazon.
- Customers in the same household may not post multiple reviews of the same product.
- Customers can submit 5 non-Amazon Verified Purchase reviews each week, starting on Sundays.
- When we find unusually high numbers of reviews for a product posted in a short period of time, we may restrict reviews…
View original post 975 more words