Ever thought about writing a story?
Ever thought about writing a horror story?
Not sure where to start?
Fear not. I would like to introduce you to Story-Starters. [Tweet that]
What’s that? I hear you ask. Well it’s exactly what it sounds like. I will post a short segment from the beginning of a story – it might be about a character, it might be a setting or it might be part of a plot.
What do you need to do?
There are several options:
- Nothing – This is always an option. It’s not one I recommend, as it makes writing the story more difficult and will take a lot longer to reach the end (or even the beginning).
- Copy the section of the story that is posted here, and paste it into your preferred text editing software. OR:
- Download the whole segment (if its a long piece). Then open it up in your preferred text editing software.
- Use the text as a start for your own story, or as inspiration for your own story.
You can use it as you like, with NO RESTRICTIONS, but please adhere to the following tiny rules:
- Let me know when you write something using it.
- Let me know if you publish something using it (Free or Paid).
- Please DO NOT just use these pieces on their own. Work them in to your story.
- Please include a link back to this website. (www.authorsteveboseley.wordpress.com)
That’s it! Use the sections how you will. Turn it into something that isn’t horror. Turn it into a poem. The possibilities are endless…
Next week, I’ll put the first Story-Starter on this site. For the first one, I’m going to let you have one of my favourite pieces. It’s big – over 5k words – so you are well on your way to a decent length story.
If you haven’t already done so, click the FOLLOW button to the right, so you will know as soon as I make this piece available.
That’s it! Let me know what you think of this idea in the comments below. Would a Story-Starter be helpful?